Friday, January 23, 2009

HBB Presentation Weekend

As promised, here are the picture from the HBB Presentation weekend. Enjoy!


I think Rich couldn't care less, but I look like I'm struggling to pry it from his hand :)

So proud of the "trophy"

Proof that I won!


The "trophy"



The keychains from the 2 years I won.
BTW- The acceptance speech was enjoyed by all. Below is a copy. I wish I had a video of it because the only child that paid any attention was Sam. He just sat there like he was enjoying a book being read during circle time in school! (And I think he clapped at the end too! :))

"I want to thank you all for this amazing award. I have been competing in the Hampton Bowl Bowl for 10 years, but this is by far my most memorable year. It is a huge honor to be standing here before family to accept this incredible award. The Hampton Bowl Bowl is a truly special award that is given only to the best picker of college bowl games. I am flattered to be among those few and proud. I would like to first thank my parents, without them I would not be a Hampton and thus be unable to compete in the HBB. I would also like to thank my brother Rich for always being supportive of my bowl picks and my sister-in-law Leslie for not picking bowl games well thus giving me the chance to win this year. And to anyone else who has been there for me through this journey. You have all been instrumental in my HBB success! Again thank you all and I love you!" *(cry here)*
























3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! So what's the significance of all the keychains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is a significance to the keychains. If you can see the actual key in the last picture, that was the first trophy. It has white paper taped around it that says Hampton Bowl Bowl Champ courtesy of Rich. After that we all just started adding keychains if we won that year and it evolved into this very coveted prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, congrats. Now you have put your victory on the airwaves so all can see. You have increased the value of this award by making it publicly known. Now the pressure is on you for next year. Better start studying up now. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete