Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Washington DC

I spent last weekend in DC visiting one of my favorite people. Jennie and I have been friends for about 20 years. She was my first friend when I moved to GA. We have had some really good memories in PTC. Despite all of our distances over the years, we have always remained close. She is an amazing person and I am so very proud of her! I always love to visit her, but this weekend was all about Ella Elizabeth's (my namesake) 2nd birthday party. Here are some pictures from this weekend. She is a hoot! (FYI: The pictures are out of order, but you'll get the gist of it.)




Singing "Happy Birthday"



Ella getting ready to go to a friend's birthday party.


She is very independent!


Ella and her cousin Shepp




Ella and Grandma JuJu





Trying on her new PJ's from Beebs





Opening the new food for her kitchen!





Birthday girl in her party dress!









This was fun! Trying to fit 26 balloons in a small car with 3 people in it.

So glad it was a short drive!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Ella seems to be independent just like her namesake. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella is much like her namesake! And we loved having Beth here with us to celebrate, but as most of our visits seem to be---it was WAY TOO SHORT! We miss you Beebs.

    BTW missing pictures from this include Beth being the best auntie/best friend EVER:
    -staying up until midnight making lunches and treats for toddlers
    -frosting 48 mini cupcakes surrounded by a dozen or so crazed relatives
    -enjoying the very talented Miss Belle for a show that went on and on; enjoying my in-laws ;)
    -making 10 nutella sandwiches and being the best sous chief ever for our Sunday Brunch
    -cabs both ways to the airport b/c we are too disorganized to get it all done with one car
    -hugs with Jennie and Ella
    -laughing in the car at the balloons
    -the "I'm so proud of you"............."but I'm so proud of you" moments
    I love you Beth and have thought about you every day since your visit

    ReplyDelete