Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Annual Girl's Weekend


We had a great weekend on our annual "girl's trip". This year we went to Ellijay, Ga. But don't confuse Ellijay with Elijay. :) Friday night we were all a little worn out but we enjoyed dinner together, played a little Wii bowling (Carol finally got the hang of it) and watched a very girly movie (27 Dresses). We woke up on Saturday renewed and ready to shop until we dropped!

But first we went to Amicalola Falls, which was gorgeous! The Lodge was decorated with all the usual Christmas decorations, plus the staff had made various gingerbread houses. Some of them were quite elaborate. Then we headed off to Dahlonega and walked around the square, had our picture taken with Santa and then finished with lunch at the Smith House. It was reliving a childhood memory for my mom and her sisters, but I had never eaten there before. It was soooo good! We then went to Dawsonville for a little outlet shopping. And just to let you know I am officially done with all of my Christmas shopping! On our way home we saw a sign for a live nativity in Dawsonville. After some trouble finding our way, we finally made it. It was a new experience for me and I enjoyed it even in the freezing weather. After 12 ours out and about we made it "home", put on our PJ's and watched another "girly" movie (P.S. I love you). Sunday we had a late breakfast and parted ways. I know we all had fun and have already started planning for next years trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment